Bon chic, bon genre...

Saturday 9 October 2010

Audrey Hepburn - the style icon

Hi,
I would like to start my blogging adventure with Audrey, as for me she is number one icon in the world of fashion.  Her style, elegance and adorable appearance are unforgettable.




Audrey Hepburn (4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993) was a famous actress and humanitarian.


With over 25 movies to her credit, Audrey achieved a rarefied position as beloved actress and icon of style.
Yet, Audrey always considered her role as a Unicef International Goodwill Ambassador her greatest role.

She was voted "most beautiful woman of all time" in a poll of beauty experts by Evian. Her fashion styles also continue to be popular among women. Contrary to her recent image, although Hepburn did enjoy fashion, she did not place much importance on it. She preferred casual, comfortable clothes. In addition, she never considered herself to be very attractive. She said in a 1959 interview, "you can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly... you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn't conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive".


The "little black dress" from Breakfast at Tiffany's, designed by Givenchy, sold at a Christie's auction on 5 December 2006, for £467,200 (approximately $920,000), almost seven times its £70,000 pre-sale estimate. This is the highest price paid for a dress from a film. The proceeds went to the City of Joy Aid charity to aid underprivileged children in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment